We believe in creating enriching experiences not only for our guests, but also for those looking to build a career with us too. Discover enriching career opportunities with Cenizaro as we continue to grow our network of hotels and resorts in new and exciting destinations.
Revenue and Reservation Manager
The Residence Zanzibar
- Implement revenue management standards, policies & procedures (Rate Plans, Rate Categories, Market Segmentation.
- Manage day to day yield operations.
- Manage revenue and distribution strategy of the hotel.
- Create and develop pricing strategies in conjunction in order to maximize revenue from a rate and occupancy perspective.
- Understands and works on all distribution channels to maximize revenue and occupancy while maintaining consistency with inventory and pricing strategies.
- Ensure all related systems are configured correctly, validated and working to full capacity.
- Maximize total hotel room revenue from all booking sources through analysis and management of Property Management System (Fidelio), Global Distribution System (Sabre) and Online Travel Agency (Expedia, Booking.com, E-bookers, Agoda, etc) and TOs.
- Create and maintain a 12 month rolling demand calendar.
Analysis, Forecasting & Reporting
- Daily pick-up analysis, strategy adjustments and reporting.
- Provide weekly dynamic forecast of expected results, variances and budget comparisons.
- Review and analyze data on an ongoing and end of month basis.
- Provide monthly report on trends, booking and stay patterns as well as channel analysis.
- Work on REVPAR indicator (revenue per available room)
- Evaluation of the distribution channel performance (costs, number of reservations, revenue) and potential reasons for this performance.
- Forecasting occupancy and revenue performance.
- Preparation of historical and future analysis of revenues and profit opportunities.
- Perform competitive benchmark studies and follow market trends.
- Continuous evaluation of economic, political, social and trends which are likely to influence business outcomes.
- Supervise and handle all difficult telephone inquiries and reservations with a view to providing an efficient, accurate and courteous reservation and telephone services whilst optimizing sales.
- Cross verify all the reservation details prior to the arrival of the guest, with special care to VIPs.
- Empower the team in handling of reservations by telephone, mail and fax
- Handling of group and conference enquiries.
- Updating reservations.
- Check the correct application of rates.
- Up selling of hotel’s rooms and services.
- Development and management of guest contacts.
- Responsible for correct management of reservation document.
- Exact knowledge and correct application of various rates.
- Communicating sales leads to the Sales Department.
- Optimal communication with all other departments, in particular Front Desk & Accounting.
- Support the Front Office Manager in drawing up statistics and reports.
- Supervise quality checks for individual & group reservations.
- Training of new recruits.
- Prepare rosters, work schedules and annual leaves.
- Always cooperate with fellow Team Members and Team Leaders in the department.
- Participation in meetings and training courses.
- Be able to give correct information to guest and team members.
- Provide leadership support and motivate team in achieving departmental objectives.
- To optimize sales and achieving good room rates.
Departmental Operations & Support
- Work in liaison with Sales and Marketing to maximize revenue
- Gather information on all promotional packages and pricing offered by Sales & Marketing.
- Advise Sales & Marketing on promotional packages (discount and special offers) based on the forecast.
- Understands all revenue management issues in all departments of the hotel such as F&B and Spa.
- Conduct daily briefings with team to ensure effective communication with team.
- Check attendance and work plan & assign daily tasks for staff.
- Conduct information induction with new employees within the department.
- Manage performance of team within the department and report any major performance issues to the Departmental Executive.
- Update the monthly roster planning on a daily basis according to the changes in the staffing.
- Receive local leave requests and validate.
- Provide on the job training to unexperienced staff.
- Master’s Degree in Marketing and equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years in similar position handling the Regional market
- Hotel industry experience will be added advantage.