We believe in creating enriching experiences not only for our guests, but also for those looking to build a career with us too. Discover enriching career opportunities with Cenizaro as we continue to grow our network of hotels and resorts in new and exciting destinations.
Director Sales and Marketing
The Residence Zanzibar
- To oversee and manage sales staff and reservation to ensure maximum revenue, promotional coverage and marketing opportunities are achieved
- The DOSM should work closely with revenue management and marketing functions, to develop strategies to maximise REVPAR and grow market share
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain and promote a team work environment with effective and clear communication amongst co-workers.
- Ensure best client service is being made available through communication amongst the team, cross training within the department and appropriate office coverage.
- Works with sales managers to ensure understanding of sales strategy and effective implementation of this strategy for the segment.
- Works with management team to create and implement a sales plan addressing revenue, customers and the market for the segment led by the DOS.
- Set example through professional, friendly attitude towards clients and co-workers, timely response to clients and co-workers needs and observance of sales office standard.
- Ensure hotel meets or exceeds budgeted goals.
- Follow and track company cross-sell procedures.
- Utilize company profile database to determine geographic areas for travel agent calls while maintaining top and existing travel agent accounts.
- Organize travel agent month and travel agent appreciation rates for slow months.
- Assists with the development and implementation of promotions, both internal and external.
- Creating a focus on attracting new business.
- Attending and contributing to the monthly sales strategy meeting
- Updating and owning the sales strategy & sales plan with the General Manager.
- Review and approves any special corporate negotiated rates by signing the CVGR (Company Volume guaranteed rate) contract.
- Provides positive and aggressive leadership to ensure maximum revenue potential (e.g., sets example with personal booking goals).
- Leads on-property sales functions to build long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of hotel sales objectives.
- Recommends monthly room nights target goals for sales team members.
- Participates in sales calls with members of sales team to acquire new business and/or close on business.
- Develop and send informative press releases to targeted lists highlighting all activities and promotions.
- Maintain and expand corporate incentive program via direct mail, personal visits etc.
- Oversee and ensure the updating of rates, promotions on hotel website, OTA's (Online travel agents), GDS etc. without any rate parity.
- Responsible for the training of sales managers and staff.
- Follow and promote hotel standards with guests, co-workers.
- Evaluates and drives the hotel’s participation in the various sales channels, Market Sales, Event Booking Centers, electronic lead channels, etc.
- Monitors all day to day activities of direct reports.
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
- Knowledge of Global market
- Knowledge of hospitality
- Selling through Email and person to person
- Rapport developing skills
- Maximize revenues for the resort
- Revenue management and business analysis using brand platforms and methodologies
- Negotiation Skills and experience with contracting
- Organization and Leadership Skills
- Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- High end travel agencies, Wholesale partners
- Travel agents, MICE planners, Corporate business
- Proven track record in luxury hotel sales.
- Positive attitude and willing to learn is a must.
- This position requires an applicant with a flexible schedule and the ability to work all shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work under pressure and under own initiative
- Experience in a sales role with a proven track record to close a sale
- Passion for sales and for achieving targets and objectives
- Master’s Degree in Marketing and equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years in similar position handling the Global market
- Indian Ocean experience will be added advantage.