We believe in creating enriching experiences not only for our guests, but also for those looking to build a career with us too. Discover enriching career opportunities with Cenizaro as we continue to grow our network of hotels and resorts in new and exciting destinations.
Spa Manager and Yoga Instructor
The Residence Zanzibar
Position holder will be responsible for meeting all SPA standards, revenue, profitability and quality goals. Will ensure efficient operations of the entire department and maintain high production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
Spa Manager Duties and Responsibilities:
- Always demonstrate sincere customer focus and true appreciation for the guest experience.
- Develop and maintain adequate professional product program.
- Develop and maintain retail product program.
- Ensure all dealings with guests at the spa and health club area to meet or exceed the hotels operating standards.
- Ensure all areas of the Spa are kept clean and well maintained at all times.
- Ensure compliance with all legislation governing the operation of a Spa facility.
- Ensure the guest experience is relaxing and in accordance with the hotel's standards.
- Ensure the health and safety of guests and employees are paramount at all times.
- Ensure consistent Spa and yoga experience development to ensure that innovation and uniqueness is maintained.
- Ensure proper inventories of all operating Spa equipment are conducted in line with audit standards in order to effectively manage operational cost.
- Ensure that the Spa teams adhere to all hotel’s and company operational and service standards.
- Ensure that spa department follows business conduct and ethics.
- Ensure that spa department follows hotels policies and procedures including health, hygiene, emergency and Fire prevention.
- Ensure that the spa department follows safety and maintain confidentiality for all guests and colleagues at all times.
- Ensure all spa, health club and wellness equipment is maintained in good working order at all times.
- Ensure that all stock and cash items are kept safely under lock and key.
- Able to provide guidance, encouraging teamwork and facilitating related professional work processes.
- Able to achieve high performance and operational standards.
- Able to liaise with internal and external parties at the appropriate levels to ensure smooth flow of the spa operations.
- Able to handle any guest complaints or special requirements.
- Able to promote and sell spa programs to groups, conference guests walk-in etc.
- Able to upsell the spa and wellness programs.
- Able to implement and monitor up-selling strategies to maximize spa and health club operational revenue.
- Able to analyze and interpret the needs of clients and offer appropriate options, solutions and resolutions.
- Be the single point of contact for Dignitaries, VIP and VVIP guests and co-ordinate their Spa experience.
- Responsible for checking and overseeing all guest settlements like cash, CC, room settlements etc.
- Responsible to identify and target specific market segments for potential corporate clientele to promote Spa services.
- Responsible to develop strong product quality and treatment measures.
- Responsible to monitor and analyze the products and services of competitive Spas, to maintain a competitive advantage.
- Responsible for the department training plan and conduct hands-on training for the new recruitment.
- Responsible for reviewing all guest feedback results and implement improvements to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Responsible for spa employee’s weekly duty schedules and staff duty charts.
- Coordinate with the engineering department to ensure proper repair and preventive maintenance works of all spa equipment.
- Coordinate with the engineering department to ensure proper repair and preventive maintenance works of all health club equipment.
- Regularly monitor all equipment for the proper functioning in the Spa and health club area to ensure maximum guest satisfaction.
- Prepare annual budget and business Plan to ensure Spa operation is adequately represented.
- Recruit and train Spa employees in accordance with hotels or resort sop and guidelines.
- Monitor and review Spa employee’s performance regularly and provide required guidance.
- Manage spa inventory effectively, and follow hotels purchasing standards to ensure audit compliance.
- Hold regular staff meetings to keep staff up to date on all aspects of the Spa’s operation.
- Gather information and remain fully informed of local and international trends in Spa operations.
- Attend daily morning HOD meeting.
- Perform a regular inventory of Spa par levels for retail and operational stocks.
- Raise store requisitions of all retail and operational items as and when required.
- Perform any other duties that management may reasonably require.
- Passionate about the Spa and Fitness world.
- Willing to deliver the best service and experience to our guests.
- Demonstrated strong leadership, team, and communication skills are essential.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Strong working knowledge of Spa, Membership and recreational software.