We believe in creating enriching experiences not only for our guests, but also for those looking to build a career with us too. Discover enriching career opportunities with Cenizaro as we continue to grow our network of hotels and resorts in new and exciting destinations.
Room Division Manager
The Residence Zanzibar
- Oversees overall day-to-day hotel operations as delegated by the General Manager
- Supervise all Rooms and Leisure Department Managers on daily, weekly, monthly and annual action plans related to property strategic plan.
- Communicate, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear direction to staff.
- Ensure full compliance to Rooms and Leisure Standard Operating Procedures and Policies according to Cenizaro standard
- Develop and execute Room's division budget and revenue forecasts.
- Initiates, implements and monitors control system in support of both product and operating systems improvement activity.
- Utilize labor management tools to schedule and control labor costs.
- Interview, train, develop, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate of team members.
- Good guest relations, through direct contact with guests, mails..etc, and assist in responding to the social media comments with reference to the Rooms & Leisure.
- Ensure all queries of the guests are addressed and resolved in a reasonable timeframe.
- Ensure customer safety and security is maintained to high levels at all times.
- Assists in the development of new programs which result in an increased level of guest satisfaction and operational excellence.
- Close working relationship with all department heads.
- Manage the relationship with the service providers, ensuring the Hotel Brand is valued and Service standards are met.
- Demonstrating self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm at all times.
- Maintains compliance with all local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Knows and complies with all company policies and procedures pertaining to this position and its duties.
- Remains current on business trends and local activities.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Reports to the EAM Operations.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
- Minimum 10 years of management experience, preferably in Housekeeping, Front Office and Leisure hotel operations
- Bachelor's degree is an advantage.
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs in operations, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, and long-range planning
- Able to resolve guest, supervisor and team member conflicts, Tact & diplomacy skills
- Good leadership skills, Communicate, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear direction to staff.
- Command of the English language both written and verbal
- Computer literacy and knowledge of Fidelio, Opera PMS
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays