We believe in creating enriching experiences not only for our guests, but also for those looking to build a career with us too. Discover enriching career opportunities with Cenizaro as we continue to grow our network of hotels and resorts in new and exciting destinations.
Front Office Manager
The Residence Zanzibar
To look after the front office service and ensure rooms allocation of new and existing customers in line with client bookings.
- Bachelor Degree/Diploma in Hotel Management and Equivalent
- 5-6 years’ experience in Managerial Position and Hotel industry
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- French Speaking as added advantage
- Leadership Skills
- Ensure Concierge & Drivers pick up guests at the airport based on reservations list
- Welcome guests upon arrival and ensure information about the hotel is communicated to them.
- Communicate with clients during their stay to get feedback on the hotel.
- During parties and/or events, ensure the Public Relations Officer communicates to guests through memos in their rooms.
- Read and respond to client emails and agencies with regards to unsatisfied clients.
- Receive feedback and complaints about billing (e.g. exchange rates not updated).
- Confirm with the Reservations, the Sales and the Finance Department regarding the amount to be refunded to the client
Front Office Management
- Receive previous day feedback from Night Receptionist.
- Review daily planning and make adjustments as and when required.
- Plan and review the monthly roster as and when required.
- Attend morning Management meetings to receive and provide updates on hotel operations and exchange any guest related information.
- Perform daily infrastructure checks in the common areas of the hotel to identify maintenance issues and liaise with Maintenance and Housekeeping departments for the maintenance work to be effected.
- Supervise the reception operations and provide assistance and guidance to ensure smooth operations.
- Allocate rooms based on guest list provided by Reservations department.
- Attend to clients who are unhappy about their rooms by re-allocating or upgrading them.
- During high season or in cases of over-booking, re-allocate rooms to staff.
- Perform key inventories and effect purchases as and when required.
- Conduct daily briefings with team to ensure effective communication with team.
- Check attendance and work plan & assign daily tasks for staff.
- Conduct information induction with new employees within the department.
- Manage performance of team within the department and report any major performance issues to the Departmental Executive.
- Update the monthly roster planning on a daily basis according to the changes in the staffing
- Receive local leave requests and validate.
- Provide on the job training to unexperienced staff
- To supervise the Guest Relations team, maintain regular contact with frequent guests and all important guests of the Hotel, managing guest complaints/feedback.
- Along with the Guest Relations team, to ensure that the guests have been offered a friendly, efficient service at all times/in all departments, taking account of the established service standard and management guidelines.
- When faced with difficult customers, this position has the authority to upgrade the client or provide a free or discounted lunch from the hotel.
- I. Internal
- Reservation: Daily, for guest list
- Restaurant: As and when required, in cases of unsatisfied guests or for bookings
- Housekeeping & Maintenance: As and when required, rooms planning for maintenance interventions
- II. External
- Guest: Daily, Welcome, gathering feedback, providing information
- Tour Operators: Daily, guest reservations, information
- Banking: As and when required, in cases of refund or issues with the credit card
- Supplier: As and when required, purchases for kids club events