We believe in creating enriching experiences not only for our guests, but also for those looking to build a career with us too. Discover enriching career opportunities with Cenizaro as we continue to grow our network of hotels and resorts in new and exciting destinations.
Regional Sales and Marketing Manager
The Residence Zanzibar
Note: The position is for Tanzanian only
- The Sales Manager responsible to promotes and sells to assigned market in defined geographic region or vertical segment.
- Generate hotel awareness through direct phone sales; direct sales calls, tradeshows and networking groups.
- Work closely with sales and marketing team to solicit, sell and confirm business required to meet budgeted sales goals.
- Should possess the ability to solicit travel and create business development plans independently.
- Analysis local market trends and competitor activity to identify business leads.
- Develop customer accounts and travel within the local area to drive business into the specific hotel/cluster and to increase market/customer share in all revenue streams.
- Negotiate room rates/packages with corporate clients.
- Develop and implement creative local marketing channels, including social media channels.
- Prepare company contracts for the hotel in accordance with current business and pricing conditions.
- Work within current business strategies and recognizing potential opportunities.
- Cooperate with other departments in the hotel to create an exceptional Guest experience and build strong, comprehensive sales programs.
- Attend Sales events, as required.
- Produce accurate and timely reports that meet the needs of the Sales Director and senior management to include the reporting of appointments, calls made and business leads.
- Answer customer queries in a prompt and professional manner.
- Manage staff performance in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- High degree of independent judgment and discretion in decision-making with minimal supervision..
- Knowledge of local market.
- Knowledge of hospitality.
- Selling through Email and person to person.
- Rapport developing skills.
- Maximize revenues for the resort.
- Revenue management and business analysis using brand platforms and methodologies.
- Negotiation Skills and experience with contracting.
- Organization and Leadership Skills.
- Written and Verbal Communication Skills.
- High end travel agencies, Wholesale partners.
- Travel agents, MICE planners, Corporate business.
- Proven track record in luxury hotel sales.
- Positive attitude and willing to learn is a must.
- This position requires an applicant with a flexible schedule and the ability to work all shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service.
- Excellent grooming standards.
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations.
- Ability to work under pressure and under own initiative.
- Experience in a sales role with a proven track record to close a sale.
- Passion for sales and for achieving targets and objectives.
- Master’s Degree in Marketing and equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years in similar position handling the Regional market
- Hotel industry experience will be added advantage.